Preventing Mold Growth in Sunrise
Who should you call when you have a mold problem? We hope you never have to deal with a mold problem in your office building, but if it turns out that you are facing some damage, SERVPRO® of Plantation can help.
Mold can start growing in as little as 24 hours of exposure to moisture.
To prevent mold from getting a start in your commercial property, SERVPRO of Plantation suggests:
- Elevate equipment above basement floor
- Repair leaky pipes
- Remove any damp areas near sinks and tubs
- Maintain humidity below 40%
- Use water-resistant materials when you build or rebuild. Materials include:
- galvanized or stainless-steel hardware
- waterproof wallboard
- sealed stone
- sealed concrete
- water-resistant glues
- synthetic fibers
- Use gutters to divert rain water
- Landscape, so water moves away from the house
- Cover dirt in crawl spaces. Moisture can seep up through dirt
- Ventilate as much as possible
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines a “large amount” of mold as 10 square feet or more. The EPA rules that only licensed professionals can remediate large areas and SERVPRO of Plantation is licensed in mold remediation.
We cannot prevent storms, floods, or leaks, but when disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Plantation can help you clean up the damage.