2019 Hurricane Prep Tips
Hurricane Prep is Key
Even with Hurricane Dorian just passing by the South Florida area, 2019's hurricane season isn't in the clear yet. Florida residents should have their hurricane prep ready for any disaster.
SERVPRO of Plantation is here to help with these 2019 hurricane ready preparation tips.
- Make sure to have a plan for evacuation or any other situation that may be likely to happen during a storm. For example, flooding etc.
- Cash is king whenever electricity is out, so make sure you keep some money in your possession as some banks can be closed for days until power is restored.
- Invest in a battery powered or hand crank radio to stay up-to-date on what's going on in your area.
- If you can't stay with friends or family outside of evacuation zones, be aware of your nearest hurricane shelter, and overnight kennels for your furry friends.
- Fill your vehicle's gas tank and any gas cans ahead of time.
- Before a storm hits be sure you've stocked up on clean drinking water or bottled water- one gallon per person per day for no less than three days.
- Fill large freezer bags with water and freeze them with your freezer turned to its coldest setting. If the power goes out, you'll have blocks of ice to preserve things in the fridge and coolers.
- Consider boarding up your house and going out of town until officials in your area say it's safe to return.
It's 2019. Let's Face it, We Need Our Devices..
- Charge all of your devices and make sure that you have a couple of spare batteries for your mobile devices. Businesses and home offices have backup batteries for their computers and other large appliances so they can save their work or even contact emergency services if the need be after their electricity goes out.
- Having an abundance of flash lights or lanterns in the home isn't a bad idea. Obviously, this means to make sure you have them charged or you have a steady stock of batteries so your devices last a long while after the storm.
- Unplug TVs, computers, and appliances before the storm to avoid damages to electronics.
Hurricane prep is the most important skill for a south Florida family. Your hurricane preparation should be complete well before a storm hits. The American Red Cross has a complete hurricane preparation checklist available here. SERVPRO of Plantation hopes you have a safe and damage-free storm season, but should disaster strike, SERVPRO of Plantation will arrive "Faster to Any Disaster" and make it "Like it Never Even Happened."
You've got the support, always here to help. Don't let it get worse before it gets better.
We've supported hundreds of families and businesses like yours before. You are not alone. Whether reactive or preventative, our team can jump into action to make sure things are a success.
Give us a call at (954) 280-8282 or visit our website at http://www.SERVPROplantation.com/